Inmate Canteen Fund
The Inmate Canteen offers inmates the opportunity to purchase items using the jail's phone system to supplement what is provided to them by the Sheriff's Office, including additional clothing, food and hygiene items, portable radios, games and more. As required by Virginia law, all profits from the canteen must fund educational, recreational or other programs that benefit the inmates.
Monetary deposits for an inmate’s canteen fund can be made as follows:
1. Online using a debit or credit card at web.connectnetwork.com.
2. By money order, certified check or cashier’s check made payable to “VBSO Inmate Account” in-person at the Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office Accounting window (located inside Building 7 at 2425 Nimmo Parkway) from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday (or via the drop box available from 8 a.m.-9 p.m.). There is also a drop box inside the Magistrate’s Office that is available 24/7.
3. By money order, certified check or cashier’s check made payable to “VBSO Inmate Account” and mailed to:
Inmate’s name and OMS number
c/o Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office
VBSO Inmate Account
P.O. Box 6186
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
4. Using the kiosk machines located at 2425 Nimmo Parkway in the Magistrate’s Office (open 24 hours/day, seven days/week) or the Correctional Center Visitation Lobby, which is open:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday 12:30-9 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Inmate OMS numbers (listed as Booking #) are available through our Inmate Lookup system.
Money mailed to the VBSO Inmate Account should not contain any correspondence. Inmate mail will only be accepted via the U.S. Postal Service. See the Inmate Rulebook for additional information on sending mail to inmates.
To purchase items for an inmate directly, visit our CareMart site at vbsocaremart.com.
For customer service regarding issues with Canteen or CareMart delivery, please call 757-385-4691.
Indigent inmates having less than the cost of five first class stamps in their account for 15 days will be eligible to receive:
• One writing pad
• One pencil
• Five stamped envelopes
• One bar of soap
• One tube of toothpaste
• One toothbrush
• One mini deodorant
• One 4 oz. bottle of shampoo
The cost of indigent canteen and indigent postage will be deducted from any funds received by an indigent inmate. Indigent inmates receive indigent canteen once every 15 days and an Indigent Canteen Request Form must be submitted. Postage allowance for indigent inmates will not total more than five stamped envelopes per week, including legal mail. An Indigent Postage Request Form must be submitted.