*The Weekender Program resumed on Friday, April 2, 2021, including serving of all non-consecutive sentences.
Appropriate COVID-19 precautions are in place, including taking temperatures, giving each offender a COVID-19 rapid test, conducting a medical screening and providing a mask/face covering. Reporting dates will be staggered to allow for social distancing in the Weekender housing areas. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 or is symptomatic will be sent home and given a new reporting date.
The Accounting window in the Visitation Lobby is CLOSED but program fees may be paid via the Property window next to the Magistrate’s Office at 2501 James Madison Blvd. (on the side of the building facing Nimmo Parkway) from Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Weekender fees must be paid each Thursday by 4 p.m. Additional information is available at vbso.net/coronavirus.
Weekenders with questions about resuming the program and completing their sentence should call 757-385-1050.*
The Weekender Program allows offenders to serve their sentences on non-consecutive days for the purpose of maintaining employment. Offenders must be ordered into the Weekender Program by the court and should submit requests through their attorney.
Payment of Weekender Program fees must be received on or before 4:30 p.m. the Thursday before you report. Payments may be paid weekly or in full via the following methods:
- Cash, money order or certified/cashier check made payable to the Treasurer, City of Virginia Beach.
- In person at the Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office Accounting window (located inside Building 7 at 2425 Nimmo Parkway) from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (or via the drop box available from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday).
- Mailed to: Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office, P.O. Box 6469, Virginia Beach, VA 23456, Attention: Accounting
- PLEASE PRINT NAME AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON ALL PAYMENTS
Weekender Program Rules:
- All weekenders are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Any person reporting for weekend incarceration who is found under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be subject to arrest and appropriate legal action will be taken.
- All weekenders must report to the Sally port area of the Correctional Center (map below) at the time ordered by the court. Unless otherwise excused by the Sheriff, reporting after the time ordered by the court shall result in the revocation of the privilege of serving the sentence on weekends or non-consecutive days and the defendant being detained to serve the remaining balance of the jail sentence on straight time.
- All weekenders must pay an amount to defray the cost of their non-consecutive incarceration. Unless otherwise excused by the Sheriff, a person’s failure to pay the daily weekender and room and board fees shall result in the privilege of serving the sentence imposed on non-consecutive days being immediately revoked. The required fees are a one-time $50 processing fee and $7 per day.
The Weekender Program office may be contacted during normal business hours at 757-385-1050.