Follow the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office on social media!
The purpose of the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office social media is to engage and share information with the public. We welcome feedback, but reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that are inappropriate, including but not limited to:
• Profanity or vulgar language;
• Explicit or sexual material, including innuendo, nudity and pornography;
• Information that may be harmful or frightening to children;
• Cruelty to animals;
• Hate speech and/or attacks on any ethnic, racial, gender or religious group or against any sexual orientation or other protected class;
• Threatening, harassing or libelous material;
• Illegal discrimination against any group;
• Hostility, discrimination or violence toward any individual or group, including personal insults, name-calling, libel and defamation of character;
• Posting of someone else’s personal information, such as their home address or phone number, without their written consent;
• Illegal activity and/or inappropriate use of drugs or firearms;
• Off-topic dialogue;
• Copyright or intellectual property violations;
• Unapproved solicitations or advertisements;
• Posts by persons impersonating City or Sheriff’s Office officials or using false identities;
• And anything that may compromise public safety.
Social media is not the appropriate venue to report emergencies or criminal activity and is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911. To report non-emergency crime information or for other public safety assistance, call 311 in Virginia Beach or contact the Virginia Beach Police Department at 757-385-5000.